Chocolate ‘Spider’ Cupcakes
Total Time: 43 mins
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 15-18 mins
Yield: 12 servings
Dish Size: Cupcake Pan
- 1 chocolate fudge cake mix, prepared as cupcakes
- 1 can creamy chocolate frosting
- ½ cup chocolate sprinkles
- 24 medium googly eyes
- 1 large package licorice whips
- Prepare and bake cupcakes in a temp-tations® cupcake pan according to package directions. Cool completely.
- Using an offset spatula, frost cupcakes.
- Dip each frosted cupcake into chocolate sprinkles, then place 2 “eyes” toward the front of each cupcake.
- Cut licorice whips into 2-inch pieces. You’ll need 6-8 for each cupcake.
- With a toothpick or skewer, make 6-8 holes in each cupcake. Place licorice pieces into holes to form spider legs.
This is a great recipe to make with kids and is sure to be a hit at Halloween parties!