Chocolate Stout Cupcakes
Total Time: 32 mins
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 12 mins
Yield: 24 servings
Dish Size: Muffin Pan
- 1 12-ounce bottle dark beer
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp vanilla extract, divided
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup cream cheese, soft
- ¼ cup butter, soft
- 1½ lbs. powdered sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Place beer, melted butter, and 1½ tablespoons vanilla in bowl of stand mixer. Mix on low until combined.
- Mix in eggs and sour cream until smooth.
- Add in cocoa powder, sugar, flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix on low, scraping sides of bowl as needed. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Line your temp-tations® cupcake pan with paper liners. You will have to bake these in multiple batches. Fill each liner ¾ full with batter.
- Bake in a preheated 350ºF oven for 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool slightly before removing from pan.
- For frosting, blend cream cheese and butter in bowl of stand mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add in remaining ½ tablespoon vanilla and mix well.
- Pour in powdered sugar and heavy cream. Start mixer on low until sugar is fully incorporated, then increase speed until frosting is smooth. Add more heavy cream if needed.
- Pipe or spread frosting onto each cooled cupcake.