- 1 1/4 cups warm milk
- 2 Tbsp active dry yeast
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 6 Tbsp butter softened/lightly melted
- 1 egg
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tube ready-to-eat chocolate chip cookie dough
Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 6-12 waffles
- 6-12 scoops ice cream
- Hot fudge & other toppings, optional
- Non-stick cooking spray or melted butter to grease waffle iron and dough bowl
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the warm milk with the yeast and sugar. Allow the mixture to sit 5-10 mins or until the mix is foamy and smells like bread.
- To the bowl, add the butter and egg, mix a little to combine and then add 3 cups flour and the salt. Knead the dough using a dough hook or your hands until the dough comes together and is smooth, about 3 minutes with a mixer and 5-10 by hand. If the dough seems too sticky, add the remaining 1/2 cup flour. The dough should come together, but be slightly sticky to touch.
- Grease a large bowl and place the dough ball inside. Cover the bowl and let rise in a warm place for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat waffle iron according to your iron's directions.
- Working on a floured surface, divide the waffle dough into 12 equal balls. Flatten each ball into a disk and place approx. 1 Tbsp of cookie dough in the center of each. Bring the sides of the waffle dough up and around the cookie dough and pinch the edges together to seal completely.
- Grease your waffle iron with cooking spray or melted butter and place 1 dough ball in the center of the iron. Close & cook until just golden on top. Don't over-cook the waffles or the centers will not be gooey. Repeat with the remaining waffles...or just start making ice cream sandwiches and finish later!
- Finish the treat by taking a cooked waffle and place a large scoop of chocolate ice cream on top. If desired, add hot fudge sauce. Either eat as is or top with another waffle and make into a sandwich. Enjoy right away!