Total Time: 30 mins
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Yield: 6-8 servings
Equipment: Serving Tray or Platter, Mixing Bowl
- 5 Ears of corn
- 1 pint of Cherry or Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 1 lime
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/2 thinly sliced jalapeno pepper (Seeds removed to cut the heat)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- Microwave the corn in the husks on high for 10 minutes. Allow to cool slightly,
- Cut off the base of each ear about 1-1/ inches. Hold from the top – give it a shake and the corn will slide right out.
- Cut the corn off the cob and transfer to a large bowl. Add the tomatoes and the jalapanoFinely grate the zest of the lime over the corn and tomatoes and then squeeze the lime over the mixture.
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl and pour over the corn.
- Add the basil and parsley. Serve or refrigerate for up to a day.
Tip From Tara: This simple salad takes advantage of ingredients at the peak of the summer produce season. The microwave method for husking corn makes the prep quick, easy and keeps the mess contained.