Cozy Chicken Casserole
Total Time: 1 hr
Prep Time: 40 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Yield: 4 servings
Dish Size: 2-Quart Dish
This recipe makes wonderful use of kitchen staples and is very easy to prepare. A family favorite that's a meal in itself, this casserole is also great served with crusty bread and a tossed salad.
- 8 ouncesziti pasta
- 2 Tbspbutter
- 1 poundboneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 Tbspall-purpose flour
- 2 cupsmilk
- 1chicken bouillon cube
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 1 10-ounce bagfresh or frozen broccoli florets
- ½ cupshredded carrots
- 1¼ cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Boil the pasta for 2 minutes less than the package directions. Drain and transfer to a 2- or 2.5-quart temp-tations® dish.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chopped chicken and sauté until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk flour and milk together. Add mixture to the skillet along with the chicken bouillon cube and white pepper. Stir until the bouillon cube melts and sauce is bubbling and thick.
- Stir in broccoli florets, shredded carrots, and half of the cheddar cheese. Pour mixture over pasta in the dish and lightly stir to combine.
- Top casserole with the remaining cheddar cheese. Bake in a 375°F oven until casserole is bubbling and cheese begins to brown, about 20 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Try using bow tie pasta or any other shape you prefer. Different vegetables may also be substituted, such as spinach and mushrooms.