Cranberry Coffee Cake with Lemon Glaze
Total Time: 1 hr
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 45-50 mins
Yield: 9 servings
Dish Size: 11x7 Baker
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- zest from one lemon
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 cups + 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¾ cup buttermilk*
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- zest from ½ lemon
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Cream butter, sugar, and lemon zest until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Toss cranberries with 1 tablespoon of flour, then set aside.
- Whisk together remaining flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add flour to batter alternating with buttermilk. Fold in cranberries.
- Spread batter into an 11x7 temp-tations® baker.
- Bake in a preheated 350ºF oven for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick placed in the center comes out clean.
- Whisk glaze ingredients together and drizzle over cake.
When fresh cranberries are readily available, I try to use them as much as possible. I also rarely have buttermilk in the house so I make my own by adding 1 teaspoon white vinegar to ¾ cup milk. Allow to stand for 15 minutes before using.