Total Time: 1 hr 20 mins
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 1 hr
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat pulled from the bones and shredded.
- 1-2 Tbsp oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced.
- 3 cups chicken stock or broth.
- 5 tsp cumin
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro, divided.
- 1 tsp adobo seasoning
- 2 15oz. cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained.
- 1 4oz can diced green chiles.
- 1 15oz can of corn, drained.
- ½ block of cream cheese, softened and cubed.
- ¼ cup half and half.
- start by adding oil to the bottom of a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add the onions to the hot oil and sauté for about 4-5 minutes, or until they soften a bit.
- Add the spices and sauté for another minute.
- Add the chicken stock and beans. Using a potato masher, break up some of the beans in the pot.
- Add the shredded chicken, green chiles, cilantro and corn. Stir.
- turn the heat to medium high until pot comes to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for about 30 minutes, longer if you like thicker chili.
- Just before serving, add the cream cheese and half and half, stir well to combine.
- Serve with your favorite toppings, enjoy!