Earth Day Cupcakes
Total Time: 33 mins
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 18 mins
Yield: 12 servings
Dish Size: Muffin pan
- 1 box blue velvet cake mix
- egg and oil for cake mix
- 1 16-ounce can vanilla frosting
- blue food dye
- 6 ounces green candy melts
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions.
- Fill 12 muffin cups ¾ full with batter. You may need to bake these in two batches.
- Bake in a preheated 350ºF oven according to package instructions. Cool completely.
- For frosting, mix a few drops of blue food coloring into vanilla frosting until you reach the desired shade of blue. Spread on top of cupcakes.
- Melt green candy melts in the microwave and spread over frosting in shapes that resemble a globe.