Total Time: 55 mins
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
Yield: 9 servings
Dish Size: 9” Baker
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp cinnamon, divided
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- ⅔ cup plus 2 Tbsp granulated sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp water or fruit juice
- 2 tart apples (honey crisp or Granny Smith), peeled and diced into ½-inch chunks
- berries or whipped cream, for garnish
- Generously spray or butter the bottom of a temp-tations® 9” baker. Line with parchment and grease again, then set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together flour, baking powder, ½ teaspoon of the cinnamon, and salt.
- Using a handheld mixer or in a stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream butter and ⅔ cup of the sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, scraping bowl and beaters after each addition. Beat in vanilla and water (or juice).
- Add flour mix and beat on low speed just until combined.
- Fold in chopped apples and spread into the prepared pan, smoothing the surface.
- Mix remaining cinnamon and sugar, then sprinkle over top of cake.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool on a rack, then run a blunt knife around the edges and invert the cake onto a rack. Remove the parchment paper.
- Serve with berries or whipped cream—or both for a delicious but not overly-sweet dessert!