Easy Cranberry Sauce
Total Time: 15 mins
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Yield: 6 servings
- ¾ cup sugar
- juice from 2 oranges (should yield ½ cup of juice)
- ⅓-½ cup water (enough so water plus orange juice equals 1 cup)
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- pinch of salt
- 1 cinnamon stick
- pieces of orange peel (use potato peeler or paring knife to cut thin slices)
- Combine sugar, orange juice, and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir to combine.
- Add cranberries, salt, cinnamon stick, and orange peel.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently.
- Continue cooking for about 10 minutes or until cranberries have popped. Let cool for at least 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
This recipe is so quick and easy you may never open the famous can again!