Easy Enchilada Bake
Total Time: 45 mins
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Yield: 8 servings
Dish Size: 4-Quart Baking Dish
This recipe is a great way to put a delicious Mexican meal on your table in no time flat! And it’s so easy to assemble, you can get the kids or grandkids involved. It’s also a nice option for one or two. Just cut the ingredients in half and use one of your temp-tations® 2-quart bakers. Plus, the leftovers work great for lunch the next day! - Tara
- 1½ lbs.lean ground beef
- 1½ cupsonion, diced
- 2 Tbspminced garlic
- 106-inch flour tortillas
- 2 15-ounce cansmild enchilada sauce
- 2 16-ounce cans fat-free refried beans, softened
- 2 cupsmild salsa
- 2 cupssour cream
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Brown beef, onion, and garlic in a saucepan over medium-high heat until beef is cooked through. Remove from heat, drain, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, spray the bottom of your temp-tations® 4-quart baker with nonstick cooking spray. Spread ⅓ of the enchilada sauce in the bottom of the baker. Top with 5 tortillas. Carefully spread 1 can of refried beans over the tortillas. Top with ½ of the beef mixture, ⅓ of the enchilada sauce, 1 cup salsa, 1 cup sour cream, and 1 cup cheese. Repeat layering, ending with 2 cups of cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted.
The mild enchilada sauce and salsa in this recipe give it a traditional Mexican taste with just a touch of spice. To spice it up even more, use medium or hot enchilada sauce and salsa. You can also add a can or two of chopped green chilies. More color, more spice, and even more delicious!