Easy Lemon Sheet Cake
Easy Lemon Sheet Cake
Total Time: 1 hr, 15 mins
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 55 mins
Yield: 16 servings
Dish Size: 4-Quart Baker
This is a really delicious, super moist cake with a lot of lemon flavor. Mom and I often take it to get-togethers, and because there's never any left, I wanted to be sure to include this favorite of ours. - Tara
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1½ cups cake flour
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1¾ cups sugar
- 7 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup bottled lemon juice, well shaken
- 1 cup lemon yogurt
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1⅓ cup bottled lemon juice, well shaken
- Spray a 4-quart temp-tations® dish with non-stick cooking spray. Dust pan with flour, knocking out any excess.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer at medium speed, cream butter, sugar, and oil together until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes, scraping down mixing bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
- Add eggs and yolks one at a time, waiting until each addition is fully incorporated and scraping down mixing bowl with a rubber spatula as needed. Add vanilla and beat until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice and yogurt together and set aside. In a separate bowl, sift flour, cake flour, baking powder, and salt together. On low speed, add flour mixture to mixing bowl in three additions, alternating by adding lemon juice/yogurt mixture, and beginning and ending with flour mixture. Scrape down mixing bowl with a rubber spatula as needed. Beat on medium speed for a few seconds more until batter is smooth.
- Transfer batter to prepared dish and bake in a preheated 325ºF oven for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- To make glaze: whisk powdered sugar and lemon juice together. Using a toothpick, poke holes in warm cake and coat with glaze. Let cake come to room temperature before slicing with a sharp paring knife and serving.
The frosting on this one is my favorite part! It's also a great recipe to make with kids. They'll have fun decorating it with their favorite toppings, such as colored sprinkles, coconut, white chocolate chips, and more.