Total Time: 45 mins
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Yield: 4 servings as an appetizer, 2 servings as an entrée
- 5 egg roll wrappers
- Cooking oil to spray or brush on chips before baking
- 1/2 lb. ground chicken
- 1/3 cup carrots, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup water chestnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions, divided
- 1 Tbsp dried onion
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Sweet chili sauce for garnish
Instead of using a traditional lined, metal baking pan, try a large temp-tations stoneware platter. They're naturally non-stick and will save you extra dishes and clean-up time. Just use caution with a hot platter when it's just out from the oven.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Start by cutting the egg roll wrappers in half to make 2 triangles. Then cut each half in half again, making 4 triangular chips per wrapper.
- Place chips on a lined baking sheet, either lightly spray or brush the base of the sheet with oil and do the same to the tops of the chips, so they brown in the oven.
- Bake chips for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown
- Meanwhile, get a mixing bowl together with all the ingredients except the sweet chili sauce and extra scallions.
- Sauté everything in a large nonstick pan on medium high heat until chicken is crumbly and cooked through (approx. 10 minutes).
- Place finished chips on a large serving platter and top with chicken mixture
- Drizzle sweet chili sauce over the nachos, top with extra chopped scallion if desired.
- Serve immediately.