German Chocolate Pecan Truffles
Total Time: 25 mins + chilling
Prep Time: 25 mins + chilling
Yield: 4 dozen
Dish Size: 10-Ounce EZ Hold™ Bakers
- 8 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup plus 2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 cup flaked toasted coconut, divided
- 1 cup finely chopped toasted pecans, divided
- ¼ tsp coconut extract
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream and corn syrup just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; let stand for 5 minutes (do not stir). Whisk chocolate mixture until smooth. Stir in ¼ cup coconut, ¼ cup pecans, coconut extract, and salt. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until firm.
- Shape chocolate mixture into 1-inch balls, then roll in remaining coconut and pecans. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. For gift giving, arrange in temp-tations® 10-ounce EZ Hold™ bakers.
MAKE AHEAD: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
This recipe is from my Taste of Home: temp-tations Holiday Cookbook!