Total Time: 1 hr 20 mins
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cool Time: 1 hr
Yield: 15 servings
Dish Size: Serving Tray or Platter
- A baking sheet pan, sprayed with cooking spray
- 2 10 oz bags marshmallows
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 6 cups rice cereal
- 3 cups graham cracker cereal
- 4 1.5oz milk chocolate candy bars, broken in half
- A blowtorch
- A grill pan or outdoor grill
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray, set aside 24 marshmallows for toasting
- In a large Dutch oven, combine the butter and the rest of the marshmallows over medium low heat until it is melty and smooth.
- Add combination of cereals and mix until evenly coated.
- Immediately turn out the mixture onto the greased baking sheet, use a rubber spatula or your hand coated in nonstick spray to even out the mixture to create a sheet. Set aside at least 1 hour to cool and set.
- Thread 3 marshmallows from the ones you set aside onto each skewer. (If you are using the grill to toast them, soak the skewers in water beforehand so they don’t burn on the grill)
- Once the cereal treats are set, cut into 16 rectangles. 4 ½ by 3 ½ inches.
- Preheat your grill or grill pan over medium low heat
- For each smore, place 2 treats on the grill, placing halved chocolate bar on one side. Cook until toasty on one side and chocolate begins to soften, about 2 minutes.
Tara'sTip: move treats around occasionally using a spatula or tongs so the treats do not stick to the grill.