Grilled Shrimp Kabobs
Total Time: 23 mins
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 6-8 mins
Yield: 8-12 servings
- 2 lbs. large or extra-large shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail on
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp honey or brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger root, grated
- 1 bunch scallions, bottom (white part) thinly sliced, tops (green part) cut into 2-inch pieces
- 8-12 wooden or metal skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak them in warm water 15-20 minutes)
- nonstick cooking spray or oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together hoisin sauce, vinegar, honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger until smooth. Add minced scallion whites. Set aside.
- Thread 4-6 shrimp onto each skewer, alternating with green scallion pieces. Pat dry.
- Heat outdoor grill or grill pan and spray liberally with oil. Place shrimp on grill and mist with additional oil spray.
- Cook undisturbed for 3-5 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes or until shrimp are pink and opaque.
- A minute before the shrimp are done, brush liberally with sauce mixture.
- Arrange on serving platter, give each skewer an additional swab of sauce, and serve with any leftover sauce on the side for dipping.