Hawaiian Roll Appetizers
Total Time: 1 hr, 10 mins
Prep Time: 45 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Yield: 36 servings
Dish Size: Platter
- 1 6x6 container of Hawaiian dinner rolls
- 18 meatballs
- 12 chicken nuggets
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 6 bocconcini (mozzarella cheese balls)
- 1 cup Sloppy Joe sauce (or barbecue sauce)
- 1 cup sautéed bell peppers
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 6 jalapeños, sliced
- ¼ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 6 slices Swiss cheese, quartered
- 6 slices ham
- ½ cup cream sauce
- ½ cup taco sauce
- cherry tomatoes
- butter lettuce
- shredded basil
- pickled red onions
- extra jalapeño slices
- chopped parsley
- chopped avocado
- sour cream
- To begin, core each dinner roll and save middles to make a delicious bread pudding later.
- For bacon cheeseburger row: place 6 meatballs in 6 divots and top with half of the cheddar and all of the crumbled bacon.
- For chicken parmesan row: place 6 chicken nuggets in 6 divots and add parmesan cheese, a spoonful of marinara sauce, and a bocconcini (if you don’t have them, use shredded mozzarella).
- For Sloppy Joe row: crumble 6 meatballs into 6 divots and top with Sloppy Joe sauce and sautéed peppers. This is your Not-So-Sloppy Joe row.
- For jalapeño popper row: add a scoop of cream cheese, sliced jalapeños, and remaining cheddar into 6 rolls. Top with Panko breadcrumbs.
- For chicken cordon bleu row: start with a quarter of Swiss cheese, followed by a chicken nugget, ham, a spoonful of cream sauce, and another slice of Swiss cheese into 6 rolls.
- For taco row: crumble 6 meatballs into 6 rolls and top with taco sauce.
- Once all rows are filled, bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Since everything is fully cooked, you’re really just melting the cheese and warming everything up, so it doesn’t need to bake for a super long time. Allow rolls to cool slightly before adding garnishes. Serve on a temp-tations® platter.
- For the cheeseburger layer: add a toothpick with cherry tomatoes and lettuce.
- For the chicken Parmesan layer: add shredded basil.
- For the Sloppy Joe layer: add pickled red onions.
- For the jalapeño popper layer: add some extra jalapeño slices.
- For the cordon bleu layer: add parsley.
- For the taco layer: add salsa, chopped avocado, and sour cream.