Honey-Kissed Goat Cheese Balls
Total Time: 23 mins
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 7-8 mins
Yield: 24 balls
Dish Size: Squoval™ Deep Dish Lid-It
- ¾ cup Italian-style panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 goat cheese logs, 8 ounces each
- non-stick cooking spray
- honey (for drizzling)
- Coat a Squoval™ deep dish lid-it with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, combine breadcrumbs and walnuts. In another shallow dish, whisk eggs and water. Set aside.
- Cut each cheese log into 12 slices. Using your hands, roll each slice into a ball (about the size of a walnut).
- Dip each cheese ball into egg mixture, then roll in bread crumb mixture until evenly coated on all sides. Place on Lid-It and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Bake in a preheated 450°F oven for 7 to 8 minutes or until golden. Cool slightly, then drizzle with honey and serve.
Tara Says: Honey and goat cheese are a match made in taste bud heaven. They just complement each other so perfectly! I love how gourmet these look and taste with minimal effort. And if you garnish them with a few sprigs of fresh rosemary (like I did in the photo), they get even better. Serve these the next time you’ve got company, and prepare for plenty of “Mmms!”