Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs
Fall-off-the-bones ribs in under an hour should be impossible—but not with your Instant Pot!
Total Time: 1 hr
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 20-30 mins
Yield: 2-3 servings
Dish Size: Baking Sheet
- 1 rack baby back ribs
- 1 cup water
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp liquid smoke (don’t skip this ingredient—it really gives that BBQ taste)
- ½-¾ cup BBQ sauce
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp Tara at Home® Popped up Pork and Poultry seasoning mix*
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- Rinse ribs and pat dry. If your ribs still have the thin, shiny membrane on the back, remove it. (Wiggle a dull knife between membrane and ribs to loosen. Grip membrane with a paper towel and pull it away.)
- In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, paprika, Tara at Home® seasoning, and cayenne. Rub all over ribs, coating all sides.
- Place trivet in bottom of your Instant Pot. Pour in water, apple cider vinegar, and liquid smoke. Place ribs inside pot, standing them on their side and wrapping rack around inside of pot in a circle.
- Set cover in place and seal Instant Pot. Cook on high (manual) pressure for 23 minutes. Allow pressure to naturally release completely (about 15 minutes).
- At the end of the cooking time, place a rack in the upper part of your oven and set it to broil. Line a baking sheet with foil. Transfer cooked ribs to pan, brush liberally with BBQ sauce, and place under broiler. Broil just until sauce begins to caramelize, about 2-4 minutes.
*If you don’t have the Popped Up Pork and Poultry seasoning mix, you can use 1 teaspoon each kosher salt, black pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, and onion powder, plus ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper.