Total Time: 1 hr, 45 mins
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 1 hr, 35 mins
Yield: 8 servings
Dish Size: Instant Pot
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 3-4 lbs. corned beef with seasoning packet
- 4 cups water
- 4 large carrots
- 1 small cabbage, cut into quarters or sixths
- 1 lb. baby red potatoes
- Place onion in bottom of Instant Pot. Place corned beef on top and sprinkle with seasonings.
- Add water and turn valve to closed. Set for 90 minutes on high.
- Once time is up, release steam (watch your fingers).
- Remove beef and onions. Cover and set aside.
- Remove two cups of water.
- Add cabbage, carrots, and potatoes. Bring Instant Pot up to temp and cook on high for 5-6 minutes.
- When veggies are done, slice beef against the grain and serve.
If you haven’t tried the instant pot yet, forget all the stories you heard of how risky pressure cookers are. The modern version—the Instant Pot—is easy and safe to use, and a fork tender corned beef is a great example.