Jalapeno Potatoes by Bobbie Crane
Total Time: 1 hr, 15 mins
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Yield: 12 servings
Dish Size: 4-Quart Baker
- 24 medium red potatoes
- 2 cups green bell pepper, slivered
- 1½ cups pimentos (roasted red peppers)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 sticks oleo
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 5 cups whole milk
- 3 5.3-ounce packages Boursin garlic and herb cheese, cubed or grated
- 3 8-ounce packages jalapeno cheese (Pepper Jack cheese), cubed or grated
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- Boil potatoes in their jackets in salted water until tender but not falling apart. When cool, peel, slice, and layer in a buttered temp-tations® 4-quart baker with slivered bell pepper and pimento. Salt and pepper each layer.
- Melt butter in saucepan; add flour and stir until well blended. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Add cheeses which have been cubed or grated. Cook until melted. Add chopped jalapeno pepper and stir well.
- Pour over potatoes and bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Recipe by Bobbie Crane