JD’s Fried Chicken Fingers
Total Time: 40 mins
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Yield: 4 servings
Dish Size: 4-Quart Dish
My nephew, John David, helps me make these. He loves chicken nuggets, so we make them and bake them to look just like the ones you get from the drive-through, only healthier! These are the crispiest chicken fingers ever, and you can’t tell the difference between these vs. fried.
- non-stick cooking spray
- ½ cupall-purpose flour
- 2large eggs
- 1 cupbreadcrumbs
- ½ cupgrated parmesan cheese
- kosher saltand freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch fingers
- 2 Tbsphoney mustard, for serving
- Spray a temp-tations® 4-quart dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour flour onto a shallow plate. In another shallow dish, beat eggs.
- Mix breadcrumbs, cheese, salt, and pepper on a third shallow plate.
- Coat each piece of chicken with flour, then dip into egg mixture, letting excess drip off, then coat with breadcrumb mixture. Place on prepared dish.
- Spray canola oil evenly over chicken and bake in a preheated 425°F oven until chicken fingers are golden brown, about 15-20 minutes. Serve with honey mustard on the side.