Karma-lized Onion Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Total Time: 8 hrs, 30 mins
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 8 hrs
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 packet Tara at Home® Karma-lized Onion dip mix
- 3 lbs. beef chuck roast
- 1 lb. Yukon gold or red bliss potatoes (cut in half)
- 2 large carrots (cut into 2-inch pieces)
- 2 stalks celery (cut into 2-inch pieces)
- 1 medium onion, large diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1½ quarts beef stock
- ¼ cup flour
- Heat oil in large skillet over high heat. Season chuck roast generously with salt and pepper.
- Sear on both sides until browned, about 5-6 minutes per side. Transfer roast to 6-quart slow cooker. Add onion, garlic, celery, potatoes, and thyme to slow cooker.
- In medium mixing bowl whisk together stock, dip mix, and flour (don’t worry about lumps, they will cook out). Pour into slow cooker. Cook on low setting for 8 hours or until meat is tender and falling apart and vegetables are tender.