Lemon Crumb Bars
Once this delicious bake is fully cooled and cut into bars, serve on a pretty platter. Garnish with fresh sprigs of mint for a finished look.
Total Time: 1 hr, 5 mins
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 50 mins
Yield: 9 servings
Dish Size: 8x8 Baker
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1¼ cups old fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 heaping tsp lemon zest
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice **
- 2 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- Generously spray your temp-tations® 8x8 pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, oats, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and both sugars until there are no lumps.
- In a separate bowl, add vanilla to melted butter and stir. Add butter mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until moistened.
- Put half the mixture into the prepared pan and press into an even layer. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 20 minutes until set.
- Remove pan from the oven and set aside (don’t turn the oven off).
- In a small bowl combine sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, lemon zest, and juice. Pour mixture over the crust, spreading evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining dry mixture over filling and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven, cool completely, cut into bars, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
**Juice one large lemon and one lime to make ⅓ cup of juice for Citrus Bars!