Lil Mummy’s Lil Frankie Avocado Toast
Total Time: 20 mins
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Yield: 4 servings
Wherever I go, wherever they have it, I order avocado toast. I guess you could say I’m a little bit obsessed with it. When I make it at home, I go all out. I use multigrain bread, because it’s a little thicker and gives the toast more oomph, and I pair it with a poached egg because, well, it pairs so perfectly. The toppings add a really gourmet taste. I can’t wait for you to try this!
- 4 cups water
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 4 eggs
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, pitted, and skin removed
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 slices whole grain bread, toasted
- 8 slices tomato
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese, divided
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives, halved, for garnish
- 1 Tbsp red onion, chopped
- Sea salt, for garnish
- Coarse black pepper, for garnish
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring water and vinegar to a boil. Reduce heat so the water is vigorously simmering. Crack eggs and gently drop into the water. Cook for 4-6 minutes, or until eggs are firm on the outside.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mash avocados with a fork to desired consistency. Stir in lemon juice and ¼ teaspoon salt; set aside.
- Place toasted bread on a platter. Spread evenly with avocado mixture and top each with 2 tomato slices. Using a slotted spoon, remove eggs from water and place 1 on each slice of toast. Sprinkle evenly with feta cheese, olives, onion, sea salt, and coarse black pepper. Serve immediately.