Total Time: 20 mins
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 5-10 mins
Yield: 12-14 servings
Equipment: Serving Tray or Platter, Mixing Bowl
- 1 pkg mild Mexican-style chicken sausage
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (classic NOT extra virgin)
- 1-1/2 cups sweet corn (approximately 2 ears of kernels sliced off cob)
- 1/2 sweet bell pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 6 cups salad greens
- 1/2 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp red onion, diced
- 3 Tbsp Cotija cheese, crumbled (or shredded/crumbed cheese of choice)
- 1 juice of one lime (approx 1 Tbsp)
- Slice the chicken sausages on slight diagonal into approx. 1/2-inch wide pieces.
Place oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Once hot add the sausage and pan fry until lightly browned (about 5 minutes).
Add corn, either cut right off 2 fresh ears right into pan or dump in kernels. Saute 1-2 minutes, then add diced sweet pepper and saute another minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
Fill up a large platter with salad greens and scatter tomatoes around the edges.
Scoop the sausage and corn mixture over the greens. Sprinkle the onions and cheese over the platter.
Squeeze fresh lime juice over the salad to serve.