Total Time: 10 mins
Prep Time: 10 mins
Yield: 8 servings
Dish Size: 1-Quart Mixing Bowl
My mother always makes fresh guacamole for parties, and it's a relatively inexpensive, hearty appetizer that's always appreciated more than just plain chips and dip. Why buy the pre-made stuff in a jar when you can quickly mix up your own that's prettier and tastier? - Tara
- 3 Haas avocados
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed or minced
- ¼ cup chunky salsa
- ¼ cup sour cream
- juice of 1small lime
- salt to taste
- fresh cilantro,for garnish
- Slice avocados in half, rotating around pit with your knife. Scoop out pits and discard.
- Using a large spoon, scoop all avocados from their skins and place in a 1-quart temp-tations® mixing bowl.
- Cover avocados in bowl with lime juice and remaining ingredients, then use a heavy spoon (or an ice cream scooper) to mash everything together, forming a thick and chunky dip.
- Serve right in the temp-tations® mixing bowl garnished with fresh cilantro, if desired. Serve alongside tortilla chips, pita chips, and fresh veggies.
If you like a smoother guacamole, you can puree the avocado in a food processor before transferring to the mixing bowl.