Total Time: 37 mins
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 7 mins
Yield: 4 servings
Equipment: mixing bowl, 4 10oz Ramekins
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger root
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp grated orange peel
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup chopped dried apricots
- ¼ cup chopped dried cherries
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp butter, soft
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- ¼ cup sugar
- For the ginger cream: In a small saucepan combine the cream, ginger, cinnamon stick and orange peel.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring often. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain and discard solids. Stir in syrup and nutmeg. Set aside.
- For the oatmeal: In a large saucepan bring water to a boil over high heat. Stir in oats, apricots, cherries and salt.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar and ¼ cup of ginger cream. Cover and let stand for 2 minutes.
- Grease the 10-oz. stoneware ramekins with butter. Place on a baking sheet.
- Divide raspberries between the two ramekins. Spoon oatmeal over raspberries. Sprinkle evenly with sugar.
- Broil six inches from the heat for 7-9 minutes or until sugar is caramelized. Serve with remaining ginger cream.