- 2 cups egg nog (you can also use heavy cream)
- 1 cup liquid eggs, or 5 eggs beaten
- 2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 loaf Panettone bread, sliced about an inch thick. (I cut my loaf in half from the top down, and cut half moon slices from there)
For the whipped mascarpone:
1 cup cold heavy cream
1/2 cup cold mascarpone
3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- Start by whisking the eggs and eggnog together in a large bowl
- Add the cinnamon and brown sugar, mix well to combine.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat
- Dip slices of panettone in the wet mixture, coat both sides but they do not need to be drenched.
- Cook each slice about 1-2 min on each side, or until browned.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, place mascarpone, heavy cream and sugar in the bowl and using the whisk attachment, whip until stiff peaks form, store the leftovers in the fridge.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings, enjoy!