Pigs in a Blanket with Apple and Gouda
Total Time: 32 mins
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 12 mins
Yield: 12 servings
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and shaved with peeler
- 12 miniature smoked sausages
- 3 slices gouda (thin), cut into quarters
- 1 egg, beaten
- Cut puff pastry into 3-inch by 1-inch strips. Set aside.
- Cut gouda into ½-inch strips.
- To assemble, place puff pastry strips down on cutting board. Top with gouda strips and shaved apple. Place a smoked sausage at bottom and roll puff pastry around sausage. Place seam side down on baking sheet.
- Brush with egg mixture. Bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.