Pineapple Cream Cheese Spread
Total Time: 37 mins
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 7 mins
Yield: 20 servings
Dish Size: Lid-It®
- 1 lb. low fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup low fat sour cream
- ½ fresh pineapple
- ½ red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 ribs celery, finely chopped
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tsp old style grain mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 125-150 perfect pecan halves
- crackers or fresh vegetables, for serving
- Toast pecan halves in a preheated 350°F oven for 5-7 minutes until they are lightly toasted and fragrant. Set aside.
- Cut green top off pineapple, slice in half from top to bottom, and reserve for later. Cut skin off pineapple. Cut pineapple in half from top to bottom. Cut out core. Finely dice ½ of the pineapple. Place into a strainer, removing as much juice as possible by pressing pineapple into strainer with your hand.
- Using a mixer with the paddle attachment, whip cream cheese until smooth, about 2-3 minutes. Add sour cream and mix until smooth.
- Add pineapple and remaining ingredients into cheese mix and blend on low just until incorporated. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- With your temp-tations® Lid-It® in front of you with the short end facing you, turn mixture onto bottom ⅔ of Lid-It®, making a barrel shape. Place pineapple green at top of barrel. Cover with plastic wrap and shape cheese mixture into a pineapple shape. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- When you're ready to serve, remove plastic wrap and start layering pecan halves in rows, starting at the bottom, shingling each row until you get to the top.
- Serve with crackers or fresh vegetables.