Total Time: 4 hrs, 25 mins
Prep Time: 15 mins
Chill Time: 4 hrs
Cook Time: 10 mins
Yield: 4 servings
- 3 cups crushed pretzels
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 small tub (8 ounces) whipped topping, defrosted
- 2 3-ounce packages lime Jell-O
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1 20-ounce can pineapple tidbits, drained (retain 1 cup juice)
- Crush enough pretzels to make 3 cups.
- In a small bowl mix crushed pretzels, ¼ cup sugar, and melted butter.
- Press evenly into bottom of a temp-tations® 13x9 baker. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese with ½ cup sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in cool whip and blend thoroughly.
- Spoon over crust, making sure you get into corners and sides to form a complete seal.
- Dissolve lime Jell-O in cup of boiling water. Add crushed ice and pineapple juice. Stir in pineapple tidbits.
- Carefully spoon pineapple Jell-O mix evenly over cream cheese filling.
- Chill 4 hours or more, slice, and serve.
Not sure why we call this yummy dish a salad. I made this for St. Patrick’s Day, but you can make a strawberry, peach, or raspberry version—use your imagination! Maybe chocolate??