Pot Roast Grilled Cheese with Balsamic Onion Jam
Total Time: 18 mins
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 8 mins
Yield: 2 servings
Dishes: Cast Iron Skillet
- 4 slices Colby Jack cheese (can substitute your favorite cheese)
- 4 ounces pot roast, roughly shredded
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- 4 slices bread
- 1 cup sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp sugar
- ¼ cup balsamic glaze
- Place a medium cast iron skillet or similar over medium-low heat and preheat pan for 2 minutes while you assemble sandwich.
- Butter each slice of bread on one side and lay bread out on your cutting board butter side down.
- Place two slices of cheese on each piece of bread, add pot roast and onion jam, and top with remaining bread slice.
- Carefully transfer sandwiches to preheated pan and cook over medium-low heat for 4 minutes per side or until bread is golden brown and cheese has melted. Cut and serve.
- For onion jam: In a medium sauce pot, sauté onions, butter, and sugar on medium heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once onions are soft and caramelized, remove from heat. Add balsamic glaze and stir to combine.