Potatoes Au Gratin
Total Time: 2 hrs
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 1 hr, 35 mins
Yield: 6 servings
Dish Size: 2.5-Quart Dish
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 5 lbs. potatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup gruyere cheese, grated*
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese, grated*
- 2 tsp thyme leaves (fresh or dried)
- In a small bowl, mix cream, garlic, and butter. Set aside.
- Peel potatoes and slice them ⅛-inch thick.
- Spread ⅓ of the potatoes in a 2.5-quart temp-tations® baking dish. Pour over ⅓ of cream mixture, salt, pepper, and thyme. Sprinkle ¾ cup of combined cheeses. Repeat with second and third layers of potatoes but DO NOT SPRINKLE CHEESE ON TOP.
- Cover with foil and bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until potatoes in the middle are soft (you can pierce them with a sharp knife to test).
- Remove foil, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Allow to stand 5 minutes before serving.
*NOTE: You can substitute mozzarella for the gruyere, or any combination of melting cheeses will work i.e., Monterey Jack etc.