Pumpkin Toffee Ice Cream Pie
Total Time: 30 mins
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Yield: 12 servings
Dish Size: 9" Pie Dish, 6-oz. Ramekins
- 2 cups ginger snap cookie crumbs
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 48 ounces (1 half gallon)premium vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 14-ounce canpumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp dark rum
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ginger
- 2 cups English toffee bits
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter in a large bowl and stir until well combined. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a temp-tations® 9" pie dish. Alternatively, you can fill the bottom of 8 temp-tations® 6-ounce ramekins with the cookie crumb mixture. Bake crusts in a preheated 325°F oven for 10 minutes. Let crusts cool completely.
- Combine pumpkin puree, rum, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger in a large bowl. Add softened ice cream and mix until the pumpkin is just incorporated into the ice cream.
- Transfer half the pumpkin ice cream to prepared pie dish or ramekins, and top with half the toffee bits. Freeze until firm, then cover with remaining ice cream and sprinkle with remaining toffee bits. Freeze until firm.
Seasonal flavors like pumpkin puree, nutmeg, and cinnamon combined with year-round goodies like toffee and vanilla ice cream come together beautifully. Here's a tip: the addition of rum prevents the pumpkin puree from getting icy when it freezes, and it adds a great rich flavor. If you prefer to omit it, replace rum with a tablespoon of vanilla extract, and make sure to let the pie sit at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving.