- 1-8 oz block cream cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 2 sticks of butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 – 2 Tbsp cinnamon
For best results use inexpensive soft white bread. I used raspberry jam but any fruit jam would be equally delicious. I have also used cranberries, raisins or chopped nuts – a friend also suggested diced banana.
Trim the crusts of the bread slices and roll each slice flat.
- In a small bowl mix together the cream cheese, sugar & vanilla until smooth
- Spread 1 generous tablespoon of cream cheese over each slice of bread. Leave¼ inch border on each slice.
- Swirl a small amount of jam on each slice.
- Roll the slices – corner to corner forming the “stick”.
- Roll the sticks through the melted butter and then through the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Arrange on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees 25 – 30 minutes until the edges begin to brown.