Red Skin Potato Salad
Total Time: 40 mins
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Yield: 8 servings
Dish Size: Serving Bowl
- 3 lbs. red potatoes
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp celery seed
- ½ large red onion, finely diced
- 1 stalk of celery, diced
- 1 Tbsp parsley, for garnish
- Wash potatoes thoroughly, removing any eyes or spots.
- Cook in a large pot in boiling, salted water until just fork tender, about 20-25 minutes. Pour potatoes into a colander and cool slightly.
- Thinly slice potatoes into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix mayonnaise with vinegar, salt, pepper, and celery seed.
- Add onions, celery, and mayo mixture to potatoes. Toss gently until completely combined. Allow salad to chill.
- Transfer to serving bowl and garnish with parsley.
Don’t overcook the potatoes. Boil just until you can pierce them with a fork. Also, each batch of potatoes may absorb the mayo differently. If the potato salad looks dry after it has chilled just add more mayo.
This is actually my grandmother’s recipe. She said there are two important things for good potato salad—don’t let the potatoes cool off and use good mayonnaise!