Rhubarb Strawberry Cobbler
Total Time: 1 hr, 30 mins
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 1 hr
Yield: 6 servings
Dish Size: 2.5-Quart or 9x9 Baking Dish
- 4 cups rhubarb, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 4 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 ½ Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp orange zest
- pinch of kosher salt
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour, plus more for shaping
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 ¼ tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 Tbsp cold butter, cut into ½-inch pieces
- ½ cup heavy cream
- turbinado sugar, for decoration
- Place all filling ingredients in a 2.5-quart or 9x9 temp-tations® baking dish, combine thoroughly, and set aside while making biscuit dough.
- Place dry ingredients into a food processor. Pulse to combine.
- Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles peas.
- Drizzle in heavy cream, pulsing until mixture comes together.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and gently pat into a cohesive lump.
- Form dough into 6 evenly-sized balls. Slightly flatten into thick rounds.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes, or up to 6 hours.
- Put the filling mixture into a preheated 425ºF oven and roast for 30 minutes or until rhubarb is soft and mix is syrupy, stirring about halfway through.
- Lower oven temp to 375ºF, top mixture with biscuit rounds, sprinkle with turbinado sugar, and bake until biscuits are golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream or ice cream.