Roasted Beet Salad
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Total Time: 1 hr 5 mins
Yield: 4-6 servings
Dish Size: 1- or 2-Quart Baker
- 6-8 small to medium red beets
- 1 thinly sliced red onion
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3-4 sprigs fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried thyme)
- ¼ - ½ cup goat cheese chunks
- Rinse beets and remove greens (save to steam or sauté in a different recipe).
- Place beets and 1 cup of water in a 1- or 2-quart temp-tations® baker and bake in a preheated 400°F for 45 minutes or until just fork tender.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes. Under cool running water use your fingers to pop the skins off the beets.
- Cut beets in half, then slice thinly. Combine beets and sliced red onion in a medium-size bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, and thyme. Pour over beets and onion; toss lightly to combine.
- At this point you can finish plating and serve or chill in fridge until later.
- Plate on Boston or romaine lettuce. Top with goat cheese.