Rustic Apple Berry Tart
Total Time: 1 hr
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 15-inch pie crust (pre-made or make your own)
- 2 Granny Smith apples (any tart apple will work)
- ⅓ cup raspberries
- ⅓ cup blueberries
- ⅓ cup blackberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 3 Tbsp turbinado sugar, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- On parchment paper, roll pie crust to a 15-inch round.
- Peel, core, and slice apples into ⅛-inch slices.
- In a mixing bowl combine apples, berries, cinnamon, flour, and 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Slide parchment paper with crust onto a baking sheet.
- Spoon apples and berries onto crust, leaving a 2-inch border. Fold edges of crust over apple berry mixture, crimping where necessary.
- Pour melted butter over mixture. Brush beaten egg over crust and sprinkle remaining sugar over apples and crust.
- Bake in a preheated 375ºF oven for 45-50 minutes until crust is browned and apples are tender.
- Cool at least 15 minutes before slicing and serving.