Total Time: 3-1/2 hrs
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 30
Yield: 12-14 servings
Equipment: mixing bowl, slow cooker
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 2, 10-ounce cans diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1, 15-ounce can corn, drained
- 1, 8-ounce package cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage for 6 to 8 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally to break apart: drain liquid.
- Place sausage in a 2-1/2 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Add tomatoes, corn, cream cheese and cheddar cheese; mix well.
- Cover and heat on LOW for 3-1/2 hours or on HIGH for 2 hours, or until cheese is melted and mixture is heated through, stirring halfway through.
- Transfer hot dip to a ceramic stoneware bowl (so you can reheat, if needed). Right before serving, top with chopped cilantro.