Total Time: 1 hr
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 40-45 mins
Yield: 3-4 servings
Dish Size: Serving & Mixing Bowls
- 3 – 4 Boneless Chicken Thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 - 1 Tbsp Garlic Chili Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Seeds, toasted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- Steamed Rice
- Sliced scallions – optional for garnish
Toast the sesame seeds over medium heat, set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together the egg and cornstarch. Add the chicken and stir to coat.
- In a small bowl make the sauce, mixing the brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, chili paste and toasted sesame seeds until smooth.
- In a skillet over medium high heat warm the olive and sesame oils until they shimmer.
- Stir fry the coated chicken until lightly browned on all sides. Add the sauce, reduce the heat to low and simmer the chicken until cooked through – about 20 – 30minutes.
- Serve over steamed rice.
TIP FROM TARA: This quick, easy dish beats takeout every time. You could substitute pork, beef or sturdy fish.