Slow Cooker Chickpea Stew
Total Time: 6 hrs, 15 mins
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 6 hrs
Yield: 6 servings
Dish Size: 6- or 8-Quart Slow Cooker
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 15-ounce cans chickpeas, undrained
- 2 12-ounce jars roasted red peppers
- 1 14-ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (6-7 ounce) jar sundried tomatoes
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp paprika
- kosher salt & pepper
- 1 large bag baby spinach
- In a sauté pan with olive oil, sauté chopped onions and garlic 3-5 minutes, just until softened.
- In a 6- or 8-quart slow cooker, combine all ingredients except spinach.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours until flavors are all blended.
- Just before serving, stir in baby spinach until wilted.
- Serve in bowls with a drizzle of good olive oil and grilled or toasted flatbread on the side.