Total Time: 4 hrs, 20 mins
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 4 hrs
Yield: 6 servings
Dish Size: Slow Cooker
- 16 cups bread cubes from day old bread French or Italian loaf
- 1 cup raisin
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Use a spatula to spread butter on the inside of slow cooker
- Place bread and raisins in slow cooker
- In a medium bowl whisk cream, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, until well combined
- Pour custard mixture over bread and raisins. Toss to coat evenly.
- Let stand 10 minutes and toss again to make sure custard mixture is evenly distributed.
- Cover and cook on low 3 ½ to 4 hours or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.