Total Time: 25 mins
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Yield: 9 servings
Dish Size: 8 x 8 baker
- 1 tbsp bacon drippings or butter
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 ¼ cups buttermilk
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Place bacon drippings or butter in your temp-tations 8x8 baker and place in the oven.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together the cornmeal, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- Add in egg, buttermilk, and melted butter. Stir just until combined.
- Carefully spread the batter into the hot baker.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before cutting and removing from pan.
Tell us what you think!