Spicy Orange Chicken Wings
Total Time: 1 hr
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
Yield: 8 servings
Dish Size: 2 Lid-its
- 4 lbs chicken wings, split with tips removed
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½-¾ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 Tbsp orange zest
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- In a large bowl toss the wings with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl mix orange juice, zest, honey, garlic, pepper flakes, and ginger. Add mixture to the chicken wings and stir.
- Oil two temp-tations® lid-its and divide the wings between them, spacing evenly.
- Place in a preheated 450°F oven and bake for 40 minutes, turning and basting with glaze after the first 20 minutes.
- Place remaining glaze in a microwave cup and heat on high for 2½ to 3 minutes.**
- When wings are done place in a serving bowl and toss with remaining
- In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, mayonnaise, and green onions. Serve with wings.
** Don’t skip this step as the glaze may have been exposed to the uncooked chicken wings.