Total Time: 40-50 mins
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30-40 mins
Yield: 6 servings
Dish size: 2, 6-cup muffin pans
- ¼ cup Sriracha Sauce
- 2 (3.5-ounce) packages ramen noodles
- 2 large eggs
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Seedless cucumber, sliced
- Red onion, sliced thin
- Sriracha mayo, for serving
- Discard ramen seasoning packet and cook noodles according to package directions. Rinse noodles and drain well.
- Transfer noodles to bowl; add eggs and 1 tablespoon Sriracha Sauce. Mix well so that all noodles are coated with egg mixture.
- Evenly divide noodle mixture among the cups of a 12-cup muffin tin. Cover with plastic wrap; top with a second 12-cup tin, press down and remove. Freeze filled muffin tin for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine ground beef with remaining 3 tablespoons Sriracha Sauce and salt. Divide into 6 equal patties and flatten slightly. Cook burgers in a skillet or on grill to desired doneness.
- While burgers are cooking, remove muffin tin from freezer. Using a sharp knife, gently pry each ramen cake out of the muffin cups.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet. When oil is hot, add 6 ramen cakes and flatten slightly with a spatula. Fry until golden, about 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Repeat with 6 remaining ramen cakes.
- To serve, top one ramen cake with a burger, cucumber slices, red onion slice and a dollop of Sriracha mayo. Top with a second ramen cake and serve immediately.