- To make stout cupcakes, prepare as directed on box, using stout instead of water. Cook according to package directions in temp-tations® cupcake pans and set aside to cool completely.
- To make whiskey ganache: Place chocolate in a heat-proof bowl. Heat cream in a small pot until it just starts to simmer, then pour over chocolate.
- Stir chocolate and cream until completely smooth. Add whiskey and a few drops of food dye and stir until well combined.
- Allow ganache to cool until thick but still soft enough that it can be piped.
- You can core each cupcake and fill or use a piping bag to fill cupcakes with ganache.
- To make Irish buttercream frosting: Beat butter for a few minutes with a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add confectioners’ sugar and mix until sugar has been incorporated with butter. Add Irish cream and beat for 3 minutes.
- If frosting isn’t stiff enough, add more sugar. If frosting needs to be thinned out, add a little milk.
- Pipe frosting over cupcakes. Sprinkle Irish-themed sprinkles/decorations over top.