Total Time: 1 hr, 5 mins
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 50 mins
Yield: 10 servings
Dish Size: 9-Inch Springform Pan
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup light olive or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 16 ounces strawberries (try to get med-large berries) 12 halved, 1 cup diced, remaining berries pureed with ¼ cup granulated sugar*
- 1 tsp confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- Generously butter a 9-inch springform pan. Line bottom with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar on high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add sour cream, oil, and vanilla and beat on low speed until well combined.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- With mixer on low speed add flour mixture ⅓ at a time, letting flour incorporate with each addition just until combined. Don’t over mix.
- Spread ½ batter in prepared pan, top with 1 cup diced berries, and spread remaining batter gently in pan. Arrange strawberry halves on top of cake batter. Press down gently.
- Bake in a preheated 375ºF oven for 45-50 minutes, until cake is light golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Release pan, carefully turn out, remove parchment, and place on serving plate to cool completely. Dust with confectioners’ sugar.
- Puree remaining strawberries with ¼ cup of sugar and set aside for serving along with whipped topping or ice cream.
Strawberry quantities may vary depending on the size of the berries. Feel free to puree additional berries for serving!