Tara’s Champagne Cupcakes
Total Time: 40 mins
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Yield: 12 servings
Dish Size: Muffin Tins
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1½ cups champagne
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup champagne
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar, divided
- For the cake: Line two temp-tations® 6-cup muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and champagne. Mix well.
- Pour batter into cupcake liners and bake in a preheated 350ºF oven for 17-20 minutes. Allow cupcakes to cool completely before applying frosting.
- For the frosting: In a large bowl, combine butter, vanilla, salt, champagne, and 2 cups of confectioners’ sugar. Mix with hand mixer until smooth.
- Add remaining 2 cups confectioners’ sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Garnish with sanding sugar or your favorite decorations.